Monday, September 13, 2010

Being a part of a delivery.

I have a really good friend that lives across the street, Mary, and we've been friends for quite some time now.. and have grown really close. She's a mother now of 5 boys. All of them, 8 and under. She is such an amazing mom, and very patient with her boys.
Mary called me the week before she gave birth to her last baby boy, Krew, and asked if I would like to be a part of the delivery and be in the room. I was so excited, as I had never seen or been a part of a delivery.
So, on September 2nd Mary called me and said that she was dilating quickly and to come to the hospital. She had decided to deliver this baby with out any sort of pain medication. So, her husband, sister, and I all pitched in to push on her pressure points and reduce the pain she was in. It totally worked, and really helped! She was so calm and a huge trooper. She did SO well!! I stood up behind the bed and filmed the entire delivery. It was really really neat to be a part of. Krew weighed just over 8 lbs, and was perfectly healthy.
Thanks SO much Mary for allowing me to be a part of such a neat miracle.
I love you guys!

No comments: