Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas is just around the corner!!!


I still cant believe that Christmas is two weeks away. Time has really just flown right by. I know people use that expression often, but this year it really seems to be true. Perhaps it's because I have a child now who keeps me on my toes and ultra busy.
I didn't type anything up and send it off with my Christmas cards so I thought I'd just use my blog for updating people on our life and what we have really been up to in 2009 and what we're looking forward to for 2010.

Tyson has been going to school full time and has a goal of becoming a paramedic and a fireman. His ultimate goal is to work in a larger city {ie: Vegas, Denver}
Next month He'll be starting the fire Academy here in town and will be doing volunteer work, as he really needs the experience before he starts working in a big city. I'm stoked for him because this is a huge goal of his... I'm also very excited that we will now have benefits!! Woohoo! :) It's about time! Dentist-- here i come!! ;)

I've been working at a salon near our house now since the end of July. I really like it there. I get along great with most of the girls which is hard to find in a lot of salons! Tyson and I also just recently became Valiant 9 teachers in the Primary in our ward. It's been fun so far. They are a pretty good bunch of kids. [thank goodness] :) I also spend a lot of time with our son. He's a very busy little boy and lately very needy! He's got a bunch of teeth coming in!! :)

Parks is now about 19 months old. I recently shaved his head {never will I do that again} The poor little boy looks like he's been going through chemo! haha.I decided to shave it because I was having a difficult time cutting it!! He move's SO much! He's still learning to talk but often jabbers away and looks at us as if we should fully understand everything he's saying! He's been making us laugh more and more lately and I love it. This year for Christmas I decided to purchase him a kitchen and pots and pan's! He loves to be in the kitchen with me! :) Tyson was teasing me about buying it all but if that's what he loves to play with, I'd much rather buy him something he'll enjoy! His favorite songs to sing are "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Patty Cake". He is still signing.. but only when he feels like it. Yes, he is a bit stubborn and often wants to be independent! :)

Anyhow, this is just a little update on us. We wish you all the best for 2010! I think we should make 2010 a year for a bunch of firsts! :)

God bless you all.
xoxo
The Irvine Family


No comments: