Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Feeling a void.

There are so many times in life where we feel a void. 
We each have our own story to tell, or a story that is being told. 
I, like many others have lived through trials and tribulation. 
I once shared my story with someone and they replied, "Gosh, I sure am glad I have had a boring life.". This statement has stuck to me like white on rice. I realized that I am glad I have had up's and down's, good and bad, light and dark. How would I have learned? How would I have grown? 

Many that know me, know that at 16 years old I lost a dear friend of mine in a tragic car accident. The story is one that I have relived through my thoughts and dreams for years with questions upon questions. I am sure I have mentioned the story before on my blog. 
However, today, as I read The Spectrum News about four young males passing away in a plane crash, my feelings of void tend to resurface. 
When my friend Brooks passed away, I remember his step-dad telling his mom that he had passed-- to watch her sadness, and her wailing at god, is a pause in time in my memory. I say "pause", because that is how it felt. I felt like time stood still. I would have done almost anything to take her sadness away and to rewind time. Could I have prevented this?  My own sadness seemed unbearable- but compared to a mother's loss, I felt nothing. Reality was, we were all numb. A life can be taken in a matter of seconds. It is almost unfathomable. 


I do have a testimony of Christ. He lives and he does in fact have a 'plan' for all of us, but more importantly, that we all have a mission. I know my loved one's are around me often. I know it takes a long time to go through the mourning process. It has been almost 10 years since Brooks has passed, and look - today, I am still mourning him.


I feel so sick inside thinking about the families and friends of these four men. I pray that they all feel peace inside, and know that each of their loved one's are not far from them.

No comments: