Friday, April 20, 2012

Dear Parks

Parks,
You are almost 4 years old.
Some days, I look back at everything and think about how much things have changed and how far we have all come. Over the years, your dad and I have fallen in love all over again. I feel that us becoming parents has shown off an entirely different side of each of us... and your Daddy is such an amazing father. He loves you more and more every day.
You are such a bright young boy, and you have taught me so much. (Patience would be at the top of that list!!! =) I am so grateful to you.
You like to have drawn out conversations in  the car and they are full of everything to: What., Where, When and How's!! You are so intrigued by the world around you, and you are so ready to learn.
Every week your vocabulary gets bigger and bigger, and on certain occasions I am often very surprised by how well you understand certain situations.
Parks, your Mommy is a person who is often worried about everyone around her-- sometimes, I think you are very much like me in that manner. :)
I adore the way you "Shake your Bum" and dance around the house, and the way you want to be "like SO funny!"
You are such a great older brother.
Today we went to the splash park. You always love being out doors and relishing in the sun.
I observed you playing with other kids and enjoying yourself... I can recall the days of no worries or regrets. Enjoy these freeing moments as they do not last forever....
Thanks for being who you are and loving life. It's such a great quality.
Each day I recognize something I can learn from you.
I try to remind myself often of your great qualities and to let them shine.
Thanks for choosing me as your Momma.
xoxo
Love, Mommy.