Monday, May 14, 2012

Parks-

Parks-
  When I was younger I grew up two houses up from a young woman named Summer. Summer was a young mother who passed away when her first and only son was only about a year old. This young mother had a sickness called Cancer. She was not going to get "better" from her sickness. Summer knew that she was going to go back to Heavenly Father really soon and would be unable to tell her son how she felt about things, or to physically teach him things she felt had imperative value. Summer decided that she would record herself speaking to her son, so she pulled out a video recorder and did just that. As her son, now about 8 years old, has begun to mature, Summer has been with him every step of the way.
   Parks, this story has a lot of meaning to me. It has helped Mommy to feel blessed. I am here now, but no one knows what tomorrow will bring. This is why I chose to write letters to you and Tracen. I realized the importance of making sure you know how your Mother feels and what I want for you and your brother in your life, as well as different thoughts and/or events that have been going on.
  As you have grown into a little boy, rather than a toddler, you have become such a high-spirited and a total bundle of joy. I adore the way you kiss my cheeks, and forehead, and repetitively tell me how much you love me. You know how to melt my heart.
  Lately I have realized how sly you can be. You have mastered how to talk your way in or out of something... "I just can, mom, just once!!" Such a goof-- entirely too smart for your own good. Being resourceful and clever (For the good) in your life will help you go far. Use all your skills wisely, they are all gifts and there is absolutely nobody like you in this world. Dr. Suess says it quite well:
         
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
Dr. Seuss,

You are such a handsome little boy with so much passion, about so many things, and it makes me so thrilled. I hope that you keep that passion alive and use it to ensure happiness in your life. Do what makes you happy... Do what is healthy. Never settle for less than you know you are worth. Trust me when I say that when you make good choices in your life, it feels so good to look back and be proud of your choices, rather than disappointed in your decisions.

Your Dad and I are so grateful to have you as our son.
I will continue to write to you and Tracen, but it is getting late and we have a big day tomorrow.
It is almost your 4th birthday.
I love you son.
Love, your Mommy.

No comments: